Recap of IACM 2019 in Dublin, Ireland
We want to share a quick recap of IACM-2019-Dublin. We experienced a 36% increase in submissions, and we had an impressive 360 attendees. From the 220 sessions on our conference program, to our keynote discussion between Bruce Barry and Peter Cassells (listen to the keynote here), to our awards ceremony MC’ed by Don Conlon at the Guinness Storehouse, the conference created opportunities for intellectual engagement, professional development, and making personal connections.
We tried a number of innovations this past conference and welcome your feedback:
- Visual presentations hosted in an Irish pub (which may be a one-time experience)
- Creation of Discussion Paper sessions
- Introduction of several new professional development sessions (e.g., Connect & Collaborate, Meet the Editors)
- Daily conference updates delivered via email
- Elimination of full print programs in favor of daily conference handouts with timestamped sessions, as well as numerous digital options for accessing the conference program
- Introduction of IACM conference t-shirts!
We are grateful for the feedback you provided in the post-conference survey. Follow this link for a PDF version of the results. We welcome you to reflect on Dublin yourself and view our photo gallery, courtesy of Wolfgang Steinel and our attendees’ social media postings!
In many ways, IACM 2019 was a pivotal conference for IACM and we hope to build on the tremendous engagement we experienced in 2019. Thanks to all of you who came to Dublin and supported our conference with your submissions, reviews, and hard work. We look forward to seeing you in Charleston!