Call for submissions to post-IACM teaching-focused program
The International Association for Conflict Management (IACM) is excited to offer a teaching-focused conference program. This post-conference program will take place on the afternoon of June 26th (the final day of our conference in Singapore). Submissions to this event can be made through the IACM 2024 conference portal. Please select “Teaching and/or Training ” under Topic Areas and “Teaching/Experiential Session” under the Submission Format.
In recent years, we have seen increased interest in teaching within our IACM community, from pedagogical research to experiential learning approaches to tackling difficult issues and topics in the classroom. IACM encourages anyone who is interested in exploring this realm to submit a session to this post-conference event.*
This Call for Sessions is intentionally broad, and we welcome formats including interactive sessions/exercises, workshops, roundtables, and presentations. We seek to discover how our IACM community approaches its interests in the scholarship of teaching and learning and challenges in the classroom. Examples of sessions include, but are not limited to:
- Experiential exercises about teaching conflict, negotiation, etc., alongside technology, such as AI and GPT
- Managing conflict in your institution and within your classroom (i.e., faculty/student conflict, student/student conflict, team-based conflict)
- Panels and roundtable discussions that tackle what skills and competencies are required by students – our future workforce – and how such skills are developed and integrated across courses and curricula
- Tackling difficult topics in the classroom, such as DEI and generational shifts
- Navigating institutional demands and changes as faculty and its impact on teaching outcomes
We hope you’ll join us for this stimulating post-conference teaching program at IACM! Submissions are due on January 19, 2024. Click here to submit your session today!
*Or simply put it on your calendar to attend and participate in the program! An add-on option for this post-conference programming will be made available during the registration phase for IACM. We anticipate a break and/or reception, including a nominal participation fee.