IACM 2019 Local Arrangements
Note from Local Arrangements
Hello friends and colleagues!
There is lots to look forward to at the 2019 IACM Conference in Dublin. We are excited to share a few of the high points from the local arrangements committee:
- If you arrive ahead of the conference, spend some time visiting other parts of Ireland or Northern Ireland (e.g., Belfast), or just walking around Dublin (great for beating jetlag!). For example, if you stay in Dublin, you can see Dublin Castle right across the River Liffey. On your way, stop at the Irish Emigration Museum, Jameson Distillery, or Music Café Dublin (for a riverside coffee and some jazz).
- The conference will be right in the heart of Dublin. From the conference venue, you can quickly step out and visit The Spire, an impressive sculpture in the middle of O’Connell Street, or the historic General Post Office Building, site of the 1916 Easter Rising.
- Sunday night: We will head next door to Murray’s Pub for dinner and a poster session.
- Monday night: After the NCMR reception, you will have a chance to show off your scavenger hunting skills on your way to dinner on your own.
- Tuesday night: Join your colleagues at the historic Guinness Storehouse for the awards banquet.
This July’s conference promises to be full of opportunities to exchange ideas with your peers, learn from top scholars in our field, and have fun while doing it! Looking forward to seeing you there!
Information on Transportation
For the ride from the Dublin Airport to the conference hotel, you have a few options:
- Airlink bus: Take the aptly named Airlink 747 Express bus (every 15 minutes) to Cathal Brugha Street. Just turn left at the corner and you’re there! Prebook online to save (airlinkexpress.ie). (TIME: 30-40 Minutes; COST: ~$8-10 (6-7 €))
- Public bus: Bus line 700 (also every 15 minutes) will drop you off directly at The Gresham Hotel. (TIME: 30-40 Minutes; COST: ~$6 or 5 €)
- Taxi: Either book a taxi directly at the airport or download the MyTaxi app to call a taxi using the free Wifi at Dublin airport. (TIME: 20-30 Minutes; COST: ~$35-45 or 30-40 €, depending on traffic)
Information on Lodging
Discounted hotel reservations at The Gresham Hotel, site of the conference sessions, can already be made. To learn more, go to https://iafcm.org/, navigate to the Annual Conference link at the top, then click “Book Your Hotel Room” (the second link down).
All the best,
Brooke Gazdag, Jen Parlamis, and Andrea Schneider
Your IACM 2019 Local Arrangements Committee