DRRC Breakthrough Award Announcement
May 2, 2023
The Dispute Resolution Research Center (DRRC) at Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management is thrilled to announce the 2023 DRRC Breakthrough Award in advance of the International Association for Conflict Management (IACM) Conference in Thessaloniki, Greece in July 2023. The goal of the award is to support PhD students from underrepresented backgrounds as they gain valuable professional experience in the early stages of their academic careers.
About the Award
The DRRC recognizes the importance of diverse viewpoints in advancing research and education on matters of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are dedicated to promoting the professional development of young scholars from diverse backgrounds who may face limited opportunities for networking and other career-enhancing experiences. To achieve this goal, we are excited to offer this award, which grants a $1500 stipend to current PhD students to attend the 2023 IACM Conference. This award will help cover expenses related to registration, airfare, lodging, and other travel accommodations.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program
- Identify with an underrepresented group, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, sexuality, gender identity, and disability status
- Demonstrate an interest in conflict and collaboration topics, broadly defined to encompass areas such as intergroup collaboration and conflict, conflict management, dispute resolution, negotiations, and social justice.
To apply, email the following documents to email@example.com:
- Your CV
- A 250-word statement describing how your background reflects the values and objectives of the Breakthrough Award
- A 250-word statement that articulates how your research interests align with the advancement of the understanding of conflict and collaboration.
When submitting your application, include “Breakthrough Award Application” and your first and last name in the subject line of your email. The deadline for applications is 11:59pm CST on May 18. Award recipients will be notified of their selection by May 26. If you have any questions regarding the award, your eligibility, or the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to receive and review your application! To stay up to date with the DRRC’s activities and initiatives, please follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.