Call for 2024 DRRC Breakthrough Award Nominations
The Dispute Resolution Research Center (DRRC) at Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management is thrilled to announce the 2024 DRRC-IACM Breakthrough Award. The award aims to support doctoral students from underrepresented backgrounds as they gain valuable professional experience in the early stages of their academic careers.
About the Award
The DRRC recognizes the importance of diverse viewpoints in advancing research and education on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are dedicated to promoting the professional development of young scholars from diverse backgrounds who may face limited opportunities for networking and other career-enhancing experiences. To achieve this goal, we are excited to offer this award, which grants a $1500 stipend to current doctoral students to attend the 2024 IACM Conference. This award will help cover expenses related to registration, airfare, lodging, and other travel accommodations.
Current doctoral students who:
- identify with an underrepresented group (e.g., race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, sexuality, gender identity, disability status, etc.) are eligible to apply.
- have an interest in topics related to conflict and collaboration, broadly construed. This includes intergroup conflict, conflict management, dispute resolution, negotiations, and social justice.
- have a submission that has been accepted for presentation at IACM.
To apply, email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your CV
- A 250-word statement describing how your background reflects the values and objectives of the Breakthrough Award.
- A 250-word statement articulating how your research interests align with advancing the understanding of conflict and collaboration.
When submitting your application, include “Breakthrough Award Application” and your first and last name in the subject line of your email. The deadline for applications is 11:59 pm CST on March 25. Award recipients will be notified of their selection by April 1. If you have any questions regarding the award, eligibility, or the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We are excited to receive and review your application! Please follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn to stay updated with the DRRC’s activities and initiatives.