[IACM List] Pandemic Pedagogy

Dijk, E. van Dijk at FSW.leidenuniv.nl
Mon Mar 16 08:10:27 MDT 2020

PLEASE stop using reply to all...

(even tough I just did)

Prof. Eric van Dijk
Leiden University
P.O. Box 9555, Leiden, 2300 RB The Netherlands
Tel: +31 71 5273709
E-mail: dijk at fsw.leidenuniv.nl
Website: http://socialsciences.leiden.edu/psychology/organisation/so/staff/dijk.html
See also www.socialdilemma.com

________________________________
Van: List <list-bounces at iafcm.org> namens Niraj Kumar <niraj at idecisiongames.com>
Verzonden: maandag 16 maart 2020 05:57
Aan: John Zeleznikow
CC: Andrew; Pompeu Casanovas Romeu; Romana Garma; lisa zeleznikow; Marta Poblet Balcell; list at iafcm.org
Onderwerp: Re: [IACM List] Pandemic Pedagogy

I'd like to also offer another resource that over 100 people on this list use - idecisiongames.com<http://idecisiongames.com>

I'm doing a  Demo/Q&A session on Monday, March 16th from 12pm-1pm Eastern Time on how to teach online using iDG. Details are available at negotiateup.com<https://idecisiongames-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1oepkZo-nSpjDl7YIg7wOujeB_5x1ucO_gCPGjb1hjCk-1873764294&key=YAMMID-49251775&link=http%3A%2F%2Fnegotiateup.com> (you can login with your iDecisionGames credentials at negotiateup.com<https://idecisiongames-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1oepkZo-nSpjDl7YIg7wOujeB_5x1ucO_gCPGjb1hjCk-1873764294&key=YAMMID-49251775&link=http%3A%2F%2Fnegotiateup.com> and then enroll in the "Q&A on Teaching Negotiation Online" course. The link to the zoom webinar is provided there).

If the time doesn't work for you, sign up in any case and you will automatically get access to a video recording of the session.

And if you aren't an iDG user and are interested in trying it out, just sign up for a free professor account at idecisiongames.com<http://idecisiongames.com>

If cost is a concern, I'm also willing to waive all iDG fees for the rest of the semester for any professors who are using iDG for the first time so that you don't have to worry about getting approvals in the middle of the semester.

During the session, we will
1. Demo how to run a class with Zoom and integrate it with iDG.
2. Show you how you can setup stages on iDG to
- setup / automate the flow / sequence of your class activities online.
- assign reading material to students
- gather data in real-time from students,
- create sub-groups/pairings of students,
- have students conduct sub-group video meetings or role-plays
- display aggregate results and charts automatically.
- monitor the progress of your students across these stages in real-time
- run any simulations from our library (Negotiation, OB, Pricing, Econ, etc)
- upload your own exercise/simulations into our library
3. Answer your questions live.

If Monday noon EDT doesn't work for you, please fill out this<https://idecisiongames-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1oepkZo-nSpjDl7YIg7wOujeB_5x1ucO_gCPGjb1hjCk-1873764294&key=YAMMID-49251775&link=https%3A%2F%2Fforms.gle%2FFjRLzx5VZu8DhEMs8> form to request a different time slot. I'll be happy to spend as much time as you need answering your questions so that you feel comfortable with teaching online.

Please message me if you have any questions. Hope you are staying indoors and safe!

Best
Niraj