[IACM List] IACM 2021 Call for Papers

Brandon Taylor Charpied brandon at iafcm.org
Mon Jan 11 12:58:16 MST 2021

IACM 2021 Call for Papers

 <http://iafcm.org/2021/author/submit.php> Submit a Paper  |
<https://iafcm.org/submission-guidelines/> Submission Guidelines

Submission Deadline is February 15, 2021

President: Taya Cohen
Program Chair: Nazli Bhatia
Executive Director: Brandon Taylor Charpied

Join researchers and practitioners around the world for the second virtual
conference of the International Association for Conflict Management, our
association's 34th annual conference! Due to the ongoing uncertainty related
to COVID-19 throughout the world, and thanks to the success of our 2020
conference, IACM has decided to continue the virtual format in 2021.
Conference presentations will be scheduled for Monday, July 12 through
Wednesday July 14, 2021. Additional conference activities will be scheduled
for Sunday, July 11. We aim to accommodate all time zones from throughout
the world. We will work with presenters and attendees to finalize a schedule
to maximize participation in the conference.

IACM was founded to encourage scholars and practitioners to develop and
disseminate theory, research, and experiences that can help to explain and
guide conflict management in interpersonal, organizational, societal,
family, and international settings. As such, we welcome conference
submissions from researchers and practitioners alike. Submissions should
cover new material, distinct from published works (including those that will
appear in print before the conference), and ideally from presentations at
other conferences. We encourage submissions that contribute new knowledge,
understanding, and practice to negotiation and conflict management. We
welcome all research methods, disciplines, and professional backgrounds. We
particularly welcome submissions that:

*	Reflect principles of interdisciplinary collaboration and engaged
scholarship to advance knowledge, understanding, and the practice of
negotiation and conflict management
*	Highlight opportunities, questions, and considerations regarding
researcher-practitioner collaboration on issues related to negotiation and
conflict management
*	Expand our understanding and skill in teaching principles of
negotiation and conflict management
*	Support the development and dissemination of new teaching materials
and tools in the areas of negotiation and conflict management
*	Encourage innovative approaches and explore emerging frontiers and
issues in the study and practice of negotiation and conflict management.

IACM continues to pay attention to the emerging organizational, political,
relational and cultural dynamics of our times. To this end, we encourage
submissions on topics that include but are not limited to: promoting
resilience; managing uncertainty; building community through anti-racism
training, intergroup dialogue, and other social justice efforts; negotiating
in challenging economic times; communicating social support; teaching
negotiation and conflict management over distance; and negotiating
organizational tensions.

The deadline for submissions is February 15, 2021.
<http://iafcm.org/2021/author/submit.php> Click here to submit your paper.
Types of conference submissions (theoretical, empirical, applied, or
practice) include the following:

*	Full papers (30 pages maximum; qualify for conference paper awards)
*	Extended abstracts (1000 words maximum)
*	Symposia, debates, roundtables, workshops, novel sessions (10 pages
maximum for symposia, 5 pages maximum for all other formats)

In the submission system, you will be asked to indicate whether your
submission is related to any of these broad topics:

*	Communication & Conflict
*	Decision Making & Negotiation Processes
*	Group & Team Conflict
*	Individual Processes & Experiences
*	National & International Conflict
*	Organizational Conflict
*	Political Conflict
*	Relational & Interpersonal Conflict
*	Societal Conflict
*	Teaching & Training

We are also excited to announce our future conferences: Ottawa, Canada, July
10-13, 2022, and Thessaloniki, Greece, July 9-12, 2023! Though our plans to
be in Greece this summer were thwarted by the pandemic, we were able to
secure this wonderful location for our conference in 2023!

BRANDON CHARPIED  |  EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

 <https://iafcm.org/> International Association for Conflict Management

(843) 855 - 0301

--