[IACM List] Conflict Management Division Sponsored Session - Career Junctures: Crafting Our Post-Tenure Professional Lives

Brandon Taylor Charpied brandon at iafcm.org
Tue Jan 24 13:40:12 MST 2023

Career Junctures: Crafting Our Post-Tenure Professional Lives

Monday, 20th February 2023

6.00 - 6.45 pm Eastern time

Sponsored by the Academy of Management's Conflict Management Division

Panelists

Laurie Weingart, Carnegie Mellon University

Ray Friedman, Vanderbilt University

Jeff Loewenstein, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Ashleigh Rosette, Duke University

Discussant

Laura Rees, Oregon State University

Moderator

Mara Olekalns, Melbourne Business School

Tenure is a defining moment in our careers, and most of our professional
development conversations focus on reaching this milestone.  But what comes
after tenure?    In this session, our panelists will reflect on their
post-tenure career junctures: moments when opportunities were taken or
foregone.   Our panelists have served in senior university roles, have taken
leadership roles in their professional organizations, and written books.
By offering their insights about how they chose their post-tenure paths, as
well as the joys and regrets that came with those choices, we hope to start
a conversation about post-tenure professional development.   Our discussant
will add a pre-tenure voice, seeding discussion about the when and how of
crafting post-tenure professional lives.

To register in advance for this meeting:

<https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYqdeiuqzMjGNRVJdJCtsvyC0Lbw8phoo
9C>
https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYqdeiuqzMjGNRVJdJCtsvyC0Lbw8phoo9

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

BRANDON CHARPIED  |  EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

 <https://iafcm.org/> International Association for Conflict Management

(843) 855 - 0301