[IACM List] New virtual talk series - Tech Talks

Juliana Schroeder jschroeder at haas.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 21 00:26:11 MDT 2020

Greetings,

The Psychology of Technology Institute <https://www.psychoftech.org/> team
would like to invite you to join us on July 27th for the first installment
of a *new virtual conversation series, Tech Talks.* These conversations
will tackle *big, important questions* about *how technology is changing
human psychology and society. *

Our first Talk is on *How Technology is Changing Communication*, featuring
three expert panelists: *Jeff Hancock* (Stanford), *Eli J. Finkel*
(Northwestern),
and *Alison Wood Brooks* (Harvard Business School). Our own *Juliana
Schroeder* (UC Berkeley) will moderate the conversation.

These experts will have an intimate conversation on such far-ranging topics
as:
- how new technological tools are transforming our social interactions
- the ethics and consequences of AI-assisted communication
- matchmaking algorithms
- and wherever else the conversation takes us!

To attend live, *RSVP here* <https://www.psychoftech.org/tech-talks>!

--

Juliana Schroeder
Assistant Professor, Barbara and Gerson Bakar Faculty Fellow

Haas School of Business

University of California, Berkeley

*www.julianaschroeder.com <http://www.julianaschroeder.com/>*

Director, Mind and Person Perception Lab
<https://julianaschroeder.com/lab/overview>

Director, UC Berkeley Experimental Social Science Lab (Xlab)
<https://xlab.berkeley.edu/>

Co-director, Psychology of Technology Institute
<https://www.psychoftech.org/>