[IACM List] Video of Dispute System Design Panel Discussion At National Center for Technology and Dispute Resolution at the University of Massachusetts

Amsler, Lisa Blomgren lbingham at indiana.edu
Wed Aug 5 11:38:53 MDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

It was wonderful seeing many of you at IACM’s Virtual Conference last month – I look forward to days when our meetings can be face-to-face again.

I am sharing information about a new resource on dispute system design just published this summer and the subject of a recent panel discussion among leaders of the field.  Prof. Emeritus John Lande of the University of Missouri School of Law posted the information below on the Indisputably.org blog about this panel discussion, and I am taking the liberty of reposting it here:

The National Center for Technology and Dispute Resolution  hosted a panel discussion and book launch on Wednesday, July 29. The program is entitled “Dispute System Design for the 21st Century.” The book is Dispute Systems Design: Preventing, Managing and Resolving Conflict<https://www.sup.org/books/title/?id=17595> by Lisa Blomgren Amsler<https://oneill.indiana.edu/faculty-research/directory/profiles/faculty/full-time/amsler-lisa-blomgren.html>, Janet K. Martinez<https://law.stanford.edu/directory/janet-martinez/>, and Stephanie E. Smith<https://law.stanford.edu/directory/stephanie-smith/>, published by Stanford University Press. The discussion includes opening remarks by Leah Wing<http://odr.info/leah-wing/> and Orna Rabinovich-Einy<https://law.haifa.ac.il/index.php/en/faculty-orabin>.  Ethan Katch<http://odr.info/ethan-katsh/> will introduce the panelists including Carrie Menkel-Meadow<https://www.law.uci.edu/faculty/full-time/menkel-meadow/>, Larry Susskind<https://lawrencesusskind.mit.edu/>, Ayelet Sala<https://law.biu.ac.il/en/node/4001>, and Colin Rule<https://www.mediate.com/author/Colin-Rule/54>

Click here to see the video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPeKWBVKnZ4>.

Qualified instructors can request an exam copy by emailing info at www.sup.org. The list price of the book is $70.00 hardcover (592 pages), but for calendar 2020 there is a 20% off at www.sup.org with code DISPUTE20. The book is also available in ebook and Kindle edition.

We are in the process of putting together a teaching manual to be published on a website, and so we would truly welcome materials or suggestions for exercises you recommend for teaching dispute system design.

Best regards, Lisa

Lisa Blomgren Amsler, JD
Distinguished Professor
Keller-Runden Professor of Public Service
Indiana University
Paul H. O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs
1315 E. 10th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405

Email: Lbingham at indiana.edu<mailto:Lbingham at indiana.edu>
Cell 812-327-4837

[/Users/lisabingham/Desktop/DSD Book Marketing/pid_17595.jpg]
http://www.sup.org/books/title/?id=17595<https://www.sup.org/books/title/?id=17595>