[IACM List] Upcoming Funding Competition: The Science of Honesty

Taya Cohen tcohen at cmu.edu
Tue Jul 21 13:45:47 MDT 2020

Dear IACM colleagues,

Please see the announcement below for an upcoming funding competition on *The
Science of Honesty. *I am co-leading this competition with a team of
psychologists from Wake Forest University. There will also be a parallel
funding competition for the Philosophy of Honesty, led by Christian Miller
of Wake Forest University. We will be sending a formal announcement for the
RFP within the next month or two.

*Upcoming Fellowship Announcement*

Wake Forest University, with a grant from The John Templeton Foundation
anticipates welcoming proposals for funding. We aim to support scholars
working on the study of honesty, especially early career-scholars but also
more senior scholars.

*This $1.4 million dollar RFP is aimed at empirical studies designed to
identify the determinants of honesty, the requirements for honesty, the
degree to which people are honest, the consequences of honesty for
relationships, groups, organizations, and institutions, and the reception
of honesty*. Proposals can request between $50,000 and $200,000 for
projects not to exceed two years in duration. We hope to make 7 to 10
awards. We welcome empirical projects from all scientific fields.

Letters of Intent (length = 1500 words) are due by Nov. 9, 2020. We plan to
invite full proposals by December 18, 2020. Invited full proposals are due
by March 15, 2021. We plan to make final award decisions by May 28, 2021
for research to begin on August 15, 2021.

More information will be provided when we make the formal announcement in a
few weeks, but we wanted to let you know about this now given the upcoming
deadlines.

William Fleeson

Taya Cohen

Eranda Jayawickreme

R. Michael Furr

Christian Miller

Taya R. Cohen, PhD

President, International Association for Conflict Management

Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior & Theory

Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business

+1 (412) 268-6677

https://tepper.cmu.edu/tcohen