[IACM List] Statement on IACM 2020 & COVID-19

brandon at iafcm.org brandon at iafcm.org
Fri Mar 27 16:59:58 MDT 2020

Dear IACM Community,

The IACM Board of Directors has continued to gather information regarding
the viability of our 2020 conference hosted in Charleston, South Carolina,
USA. Unfortunately, given the escalation of events related to COVID-19, the
associated knowns and unknowns, and the importance of ensuring the health
and safety of our members, we have decided that IACM 2020 will not be hosted
in Charleston. Instead, we will be hosting a virtual experience called vIACM
for our 33rd annual conference!

We are an organization open to finding new ways to embrace experiences and
achieve our mission. Our Board of Directors and Program Chair Greg Paul have
been working tirelessly to lay the foundation to develop this virtual
experience. For now, the virtual conference will simply be taking the place
of IACM 2020. We have no intention of ever displacing the irreplaceable IACM
conference, its culture, and its experience. But if there was ever a time to
try something new - much like so many of you are accomplishing in your now
digital classrooms - now is that time!

We understand that beyond the impact of the virus, subsequent and immediate
budget cuts and travel restrictions, as well as a tremendous number of
cancelled conferences, have made it difficult to present or attend
conferences. Therefore, we have drastically reduced our registration prices
for this event. General registration will be only $125, while
Student/Emeritus registration is only $75.

If you have already submitted a paper and have been awaiting a decision, you
will receive those decisions in the next few days along with additional
information regarding your options for presenting.

We hope that you will join us in this first ever vIACM 2020!

Best wishes to you, your loved ones and your communities,

Zoe Barsness, President

Brandon Charpied, Executive Director

Greg Paul, Program Chair

BRANDON CHARPIED  |  EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

International Association for Conflict Management

 <https://iafcm.org/> https://iafcm.org

(843) 855 - 0301